Saturday, January 30, 2021

Healthy Habits During COVID

    Statistics have shown that more people have been depressed and it has shown through extreme cases of violence upon oneself and/or others during this COVID crisis. Whether it is from being torn away from personal hobbies, loss of business and/or COVID deaths in the family, this epidemic has been shown to affect people's lifestyle in one way or another. I luckily don't have much hobbies that have been discontinued from this epidemic, but finding a job has been harder and in the meantime, I have been trying to find ways to focus on improving my quality of life, along with skillsets, and make the most out of our time quarantined. 

    Developing healthy habits during COVID quarantine is very important and can even lead to new interests. From personal experience, although I've gained a bit of weight during this time period, I've also been reading a lot on computer science, extensively about biochemistry, practicing power yoga and have been able to focus on finally creating full songs on my guitar, which I am aiming to take further. With all the time left to oneself, people must adapt to their situation and turn it into a positive experience, or at least maintain a healthy lifestyle. Applying some effort into doing things that will give you some positive relief and keep you in good spirits can have a huge beneficial impact.  Keeping the mind busy is important to warding off negativity and unhealthy mental spirals. I am always interested in how other people have been handling this crisis and their gains from it.


Alexander Seid
IS101-2003

13 comments:

  1. Developing healthy habits during this pandemic is important. For me, the lessening of healthy habits also applies but I am working on improving my habits :-) I think you hit on a key point: keeping one's mind busy and good spirit. Glad you are keeping busy with reading, power yoga, and school work ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can agree. Covid has lasted so long I've had many ups and downs. I think 2020 in general was a year to really hone into personal hobbies and self improvement. I myself spent a good portion of 2020 doing things that made me happy to pass the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BIOCHEM! As a hobby? That's amazing! I have to say this is a really wholesome post. Though when people talk about their own COVID experiences, I am always humbled and reminded of the movie "Parasite". There is a moment in the movie where it rains and it depicts how the people in slums dealt with it in comparison to the rich. The rich mother character says something about the rain being much needed without knowing how the driver spent the night before: soaking wet and in a shelter. COVID really put this concept into perspective. Some businesses and companies were striving while individuals were worried about being evicted. INSANE. Anyway, keep up those habits, please. Healing is not linear, so do not be discouraged by any hiccups.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huh. Never seen the movie "Parasite" but that makes a lot of sense as an analogy to the COVID epidemic. Yeah, biochemistry is interesting to me, but it also helps that I am applying it for a business I am creating in helping people. Thank you for the positivity and warm thoughts.

      Delete
  4. I like how you mentioned to adapt to the present circumstances and turn towards a positive note. It is far to easy to slip into focusing on the negative, and to let the situation continue to grow on you. However, finding ways to make use of the time we may have to ourselves to take up a hobby, or continue a hobby in a new way does have a powerful effect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have heard this also they say suicide cases have sky rocket since Covid started. The sad thing is that lots are younger kids.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Honestly, before Covid I just got to work and straight home. I enjoy being home alone, so to me it doesn't feel like anything has changed. Except for the fact that I got laid off.

    ReplyDelete
  7. During this pandemic I had so much extra time in my hands. I tried to improve my lifestyle by working out, studying things on my own, learning guitar. As weeks and months passed, I stopped working out, and stopped investing my time to study other things on my own. I still pick up my guitar everyday but I'm trying to gain the motivation to go back to my healthier lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This Covid quarantine does have me sitting around doing nothing all day and hardly going outside. I have noticed I am also gaining weight, so I have started to take jog every other day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Positivity and healthy habits are a huge aspect of staying mentally and physically alive. I cannot wait until everything goes back to "normal".

    ReplyDelete
  11. COVID has really hit us all hard but I agree that healthy habits and finding fun healthy hobbies can help with your mental health during these times.

    ReplyDelete
  12. COVID has really hit us all hard but I agree that healthy habits and finding fun healthy hobbies can help with your mental health during these times.

    ReplyDelete